Selecting a Purveyor of Fine Asian Cuisine
Asian wedding caterers in London unquestionably remain highly specialised purveyors of fine cuisine.
In accordance with Asian cultures, only the privileged elite inherit these age-old family culinary arts. One would therefore be hard-pressed to find a non-Asian wedding catering company in London highly skilled in providing the culinary delights of Asian wedding cuisine.
Over the years, Elegance Decor has had the privilege to collaborate with the uppermost echelons of Asian wedding caterers in London. With the invaluable experience we have gained in collaborating with Asian wedding caterers we hope to pass this essential knowledge onto you.
These specialised mouth-watering Asian wedding cuisines will however deservedly consume a large portion of your wedding budget, so it's essential you feel confident in knowing how to make an informed decision when hiring an Asian wedding caterer.
We suggest when meeting with your Asian wedding caterer you have to hand the accompanying questionnaire at the end of this article so not to forget the essential guidance presented forthwith:
To begin, invariably it is essential that you confirm the exact number of guests you expect to attend your wedding.
In time-honoured tradition, it would be prudent to establish with your respected Asian elders how many of their guests they feel ‘must’ attend your wedding. You may also wish to consider sensitively placing boundaries upon the elders’ guests inviting their own ‘guests’. This is more so important if selecting a buffet style provision whereby people have free access to the menu whereas a sit-down meal offers some tangible justification as to why the ‘guests’ numbers require limitations. Hereafter arranging the rest should be relatively simple…
Hold in mind that some essential vendors providing a service to your wedding will also need to be included in the final ‘guests’ numbers for requiring catering provisions such as the photographer, videographer, band, D.J., M.C. and other staffs required to remain at the wedding throughout. Most wedding vendors terms and conditions of hire will state the above.
Confirming wedding guest numbers will of course inform the costings required for your Asian wedding caterers to provide a meal for each guest but also, inform the type of banqueting style most practical such as:
Canapés; light Asian canapés are perfectly suited to a welcoming drinks reception or a stylish cocktail party.
Buffets; are an excellent and cost effective solution for larger informal weddings where a satisfying meal is required. Buffet Service also gives your wedding guests a greater choice of food.
Sit down dinner; offers structure and formality to your wedding. This can be a more traditional form of Asian catering service. The meals are agreed with the client, served pre-plated to the wedding guests who remain seated during the food service.
Bowl Food; offers wedding guests the chance to make their selections from a number of dishes that are brought round by the Asian caterers waiting team. The food is presented in dainty bowls in order to offer just enough to tempt. Wedding guests can engage in the reception celebrations whilst they casually ‘graze’ on various sumptuous options.
Family Style Dinner; somewhere in-between a sit-down, plated-meal and a buffet-dinner, this type of service often has options for mains and accompaniments (like a mini-buffet), but is brought to you and your guests in bowls. Dishes of food are passed among the wedding guests at the table, allowing everyone to take as much or as little as they want.
When considering your banqueting style, you will also need to consider the lay-out of the venue and which banqueting style compliments the wedding decoration hire design, and requirements of other vendors attending, such as the D.J., cocktail bar, dance floor etc. Elegance Decor and the venue’s banqueting manager will be more than pleased to assist regarding these matters. For example, you will not want your wedding backdrops position where the caterers will be entering and exiting the banqueting suite all night serving guest, removing dirty cutlery etc.
Without question, the two largest companies present on the day of your wedding will be the caterers closely followed by Elegance Decor . The synchronisation of these services is therefore essential if the complex logistics of the wedding day are to run seamlessly.
Elegance Decor is competent in knowing the expectations and working arrangements of Asian wedding caterers in London as we have previously worked together many times at London’s most prestigious wedding venues.
It might sound cliché, however demand for the very best Asian wedding caterers in London is truly high so please do secure your date at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Allow between 12 to 24 months prior to your wedding date to secure your Asian wedding caterers in London.
One such London based Asian wedding caterer in very high demand is Madhu’s:
Synonymous quality, dedication, creativity and flare, the Madhu’s brand boasts more than 32 years in the Asian catering business. Renowned for being market leaders in the Asian catering industry, Madhu’s enjoys an unrivalled reputation for the highest standards in event planning, service and fine food.
Proud to be in a family run business, Madhu’s has been at the heart of the family for four generation. It all began in Nairobi, Kenya, where Bishan Das Anand, opened the legendary Brilliant Hotel and established himself as a successful name in the industry. Inspired by the work of their grandfather, Madhu’s Brilliant was opened in 1980 by Sanjay and Sanjeev Anand, aged 17 and 16 respectively.
The name Madhu’s was derived from the nickname of their father Jagdish Kumar Anand. Their mother Krishna Kumari Anand, and head chief was instrumental in the success of Madhu’s Brilliant.
In 2004 the company re-banded and changed the name to Madhu’s. With their head quarters based in Middlesex, London, Madhu’s is supremely located to serve the Asian wedding catering industry.
Madhu’s passion for gourmet supremacy has driven the restaurant to excellence. In addition to winning coveted awards and accolades such as the Cobra Good Curry Guides ‘Best Restaurant Awards’ 2004, Sanjay Anand was honoured to win Industry Personality 2004 at the BIBA’s and an MBE in 2007 for his services to the hospitality industry. Sanjay Anand MBE has been appointed Brand Ambassador for Jaguar.
Madhu’s ethos has essentially always been: ‘To enable our clients to be guests at their own function’.
Madhu’s can be contacted via:
Sapna Caterers is a family run business, based in West London and has been supplying catering services for more than 20 years. Through strict quality control and adherence to high standards of customer service, Sapna has established itself as a market leader in the Wedding and Event catering industry.
However, Sapna's passion has always been about the food, the quality, presentation and authenticity of the food they produce. A significant part of the business is the supply of chilled and frozen food to the catering industry as well as food for small house parties.
Sapna caterers are proud to be part of your very special day - whether this is in a private venue, stately home or a marquee at your own home. As one of the leading event organisers and caterers in London, Sapna Caterers have an enviable reputation for imaginatively presented and deliciously tasting, authentic food. They source the best ingredients and cook using traditional recipes and methods.
As you would expect from a business with Sapna Caterers heritage and track record, Sapna have catered for thousands of weddings over the years. Each wedding being absolutely unique and just as important to Sapna Caterers as they are to the bride, the groom and all their family and guests.
Sapna Caterers will help you from start to finish and be there on the day to ensure that everything runs smoothly, exactly how you want it to.
Sapna Caterers can be contacted on:
Greenleaf Catering Services
Based in Southall, West London, at Greenleaf Catering they pride themselves on maintaining the highest of standards and ensuring that the most important day of your life is also the most perfect.
Greenleaf Catering is a family run business, with over 25 years experience and knowledge, regarded as experts in the wedding and events management industry.
Greenleaf Catering offer a comprehensive catering service to suit all communities, religions and preferences. All dishes are freshly cooked by their brilliant team of international chefs.
Greenleaf Catering only use the finest and freshest ingredients and pride themselves on the highest level of cuisine that can be created especially for your wedding.
With experience of both eastern and western clientele, Greenleaf Catering provides traditional and authentic home cooked Indian and Pakistani cuisine. Along with a high standard of service and a contemporary touch which emphasises the exquisite taste and flavour of ‘east meets west’.
Greenleaf Catering can offer a range of catering options, such as a silver service meal, a simple buffet or a multi-dish karahi stand service. They are able to cater for any number of wedding guests whether it be a simple intimate reception through to an engagement or complex wedding.
Your guests will be served by Greenleaf Catering courteous and professional waiting staff.
Their standard package includes a three-course meal of your choice, and naturally if you have any special requirements, Greenleaf Catering will be delighted to discuss them with you.
Greenleaf Catering fervently believe the catering is the vital ingredient for any wedding, they strongly believe that once you have sampled their food, you will not look elsewhere.
So why not put them to the test and contact them at:
Exquisite Asian Wedding Catering: Spice Village caterers are proud to be part of your very special day and are one of the leading Asian wedding caterers in the UK. They specialise in all types of Indian, Pakistani, Gujarati, Punjabi, Lebanese, Bengali & vegetarian wedding catering food.
Spice Village’s reputation is based on imaginatively presented and deliciously tasting HMC certified Halal authentic food. Spice Village only sources the best ingredients and cook using traditional recipes and methods.
Each one of their catered wedding’s is absolutely unique and they will help you from start to finish and be there on the day to make sure that everything runs smoothly and how you want it to.
Spice Village has the magical and professional touch to make the biggest day in your life the most memorable and exciting day of your life.
For further details contact:
For many years Zara has catered at every type of event from private celebrations to corporate events and for the most important special occasions such as weddings.
Zara’s Catering have worked in venues as wide ranging as stately homes, town halls, private marquees and luxurious “5-star hotels”. They strive to adapt to any environment or request.
No matter how large or small the venue, Zara’s Catering are always on hand to advise on all aspects of the catering and planning for your wedding, making sure that you are free to relax and spend time with your friends, family or colleagues on your special day.
From Halal to Vegetarian and from canapés to buffets to grand a-la-carte banquets Zara Catering understands the diverse culinary nature of the Indian-sub continent and prides itself in being able to produce all kinds of authentic Asian cuisine to suit most catering requirements & budgets.
Questions to ask your Asian & Nigerian wedding caterers
When meeting with your selected Asian wedding caterers in London we recommend printing out this essential list of questions and taking it along with you to inform your hire decision!
The Wedding Date:
• Is my wedding date available?
• How many Asian weddings will you cater that day?
• How many Asian weddings do you cater per year?
• Have you done events at my wedding venue?
• Are you licensed, with health permits and liability insurance?
• Are you licensed to serve alcohol? (as some Asian ethnic communities consume alcohol)
• Will I need any special permits for my event? (If so, will you handle obtaining them?)
• Will you provide a banquet manager to coordinate the meal service or an on-site coordinator who will run the entire wedding? (If so, can we meet this person before the wedding?)
Food & Presentation:
• What is your signature fare?
• Do you specialise in certain cuisines?
• Given my budget, guest count, and wedding style, what food choices would you recommend?
• Where does the food come from?
• What can you do for Asian wedding guests with allergies and dietary restrictions?
• Will the food be prepared on-site or be brought in already prepared or both?
• How will you handle last-minute requests?
• Do you have a license to serve alcohol?
• Do you have liability insurance?
• Do you provide alcoholic beverages and bartenders?
• Can you accommodate specialty cocktails?
• What brands of alcohol will be served?
• Can we provide the alcohol and you provide the bar labor?
• Do you charge a corkage fee if we provide our own wine or champagne?
• How do you charge for alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages?(Per consumption or per person?) (Which is more cost-effective?)
• Is the champagne toast after the ceremony included in your meal packages or is it extra?
• Will your staff serve the wine with dinner?
• How long will alcohol be served?
• Is coffee and tea service included with the per-person meal charge? (What brands of each do you offer and do they include decaf and herbal tea options?)
• What are your water, electrical, and equipment needs?
• How long will it take your team to set-up and break down the catering side of the wedding?
• Will your staff clean the kitchen and banqueting hall before leaving?
• What is the ratio of servers to guests?
• What time will you and your staff arrive at the site?
• Will your team handle all table settings regarding cutlery?
• Will your team light candles and put out place cards and favors?
• What is your policy on clean-up?
• How will your staff dress?
• How do you handle tips for your staff?
• What do you do with surpluses of food and drinks?
Catering Packages and Payment:
• Do we have to work off a preset wedding menu or can you create a custom wedding menu for our event?
• Could you accommodate if I have a special dish I'd like served?
• Do you offer wedding packages or is everything a la carte?
• What exactly do your packages include?
• Can you explain the price differences between sit-down meal vs. buffet vs. stations vs. cocktail-style reception vs. family-style?
• How much do you charge for children's meals?
• How much do you charge for vendor meals?
• Do you provide wedding cakes? (If so, is this included in the per-person meal price or is it extra?)
• If we use an outside wedding cake designer, do you charge a cake-cutting fee?
• If I decide not to serve a wedding cake, what are some other dessert options?
• Do you do menu tastings and is there an extra charge for this?
• Do you handle hire equipment such as tables, chairs, etc.?
• What types of linens, glassware, plates and flatware do you provide? (What would be the additional fees?)
• When will I receive a written contract?
• How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due?
• Do you offer a payment plan?
• What is your refund/cancellation policy?
• What information do you need from me before the wedding day?
• When would I need to finalise the menu?
• When will you need a final guest count?
• How far in advance do I need to book you?
Elegance Decor hopes that the above information proves useful in selecting your Asian wedding caterers in London.
All the best,